THREE men suspected of preparing ISIS terrorist attacks have been arrested in Madrid.
The Moroccan-born trio aged 26-29 were believed to be preparing ‘imminent terrorist attacks like suicide attacks in nearby countries’, according to police sources.
In intercepted phone and email exchanges, the suspects can allegedly be heard saying they ‘have to act now in Spain’.
Jorge Fernandez Diaz, the Interior Minister, said the men were ‘ready to act’ and they ‘had access to arms’.
A police search has so far found no weapons.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00