A BRITISH expat in Spain has been given a six-month jail sentence after killing an alleged German paedophile in a restaurant.
Gym fanatic Devinder Kainth, 39, punched German Sandro Rottman to death after he allegedly took pictures of his children in a Sotogrande restaurant.
Convicted of manslaughter in Algeciras court, Kainth – known locally as Victor – will ‘likely’ be spared jail time as is the norm with first-time offenders in Spain.
In Spain manslaughter sentences usually last upwards of five years, however cases of ‘involuntary manslaughter’ can carry sentences from as little as three months.
PR man Rottman was well known in Sotogrande and had previously worked with Katie Price when she launched a clothing line at Santa Maria polo club.
Police also revealed that the German, an alcoholic, was being investigated over ‘indecent images’ found on his computer.
The attack took place in Spinnaker restaurant in Sotogrande port, where Kainth was eating with his partner Gemma Hawkins and three children who attend Sotogrande school.
Judge Raquel Gomez Sancho confirmed that Rottman’s alcoholic lifestyle had led to health problems which would have contributed to his death.
Local bar owners claim Rottman was known to drink up to three bottles of vodka a day.
To read an in-depth report into the incident read: Murder mystery in Sotogrande: What really happened in the luxury resort and why?
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36