THE Pope has joined a group of activists protesting against climate change in Algeciras bay. At least, that’s what it looked like.
Members of environmentalist group Verdemar de Ecologistas en Acción sported a variety of interesting costumes for a ‘performance’ protest which they ended by submerging themselves in the Guadarranque river. Among them was someone in papal regalia topped with a mitre.
Although he wasn’t actually the Pope of course, Pope Francis did recently speak out against climate change ahead of the Paris summit of world leaders.
A Verdemar spokesperson highlighted the threat to the Campo de Gibraltar from climate change.
“Our extensive cork forests are seriously threatened with extinction,” the spokesperson said.
“The rise in sea level threatens to erode our beaches and pollute the land with salt.”
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38