IF you’ve left it late to buy Christmas or Reyes presents, you may have thought like many others, about turning away from the traditional market and buying second hand.
A total of 81% of Spanish residents used the second-hand market last year, saving on average €205 on each purchase, according to Spanish website segundamano.es.
Michael Battle, owner of Malaga-based RestoreElectronica.com, which sells pre-owned mobile phones and tablets says second-hand shopping is great, so long as you know about potential fraudsters.
“Buying second-hand from independent sellers is risky,” Michael told the Olive Press. “Try to purchase from a company which offers good post-sales service, is easily contactable, has good reviews and above all offers a legal guarantee.
“Despite the big savings on offer, there can be pitfalls to second-hand shopping.
“Be sure to read the product description right so you know the condition of the product you’re buying. If prices seem extremely low, be suspicious – also beware of fakes.”
He added: “If you go to the Apple store you’ll be asked to pay at least €509 for a 5S and €749 for the new 6S.
“Many people can’t or won’t pay this. We sell the 5S at €349 and if all you want is an iPhone the iPhone 4 is as low as €95.”
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21