IF you’ve left it late to buy Christmas or Reyes presents, you may have thought like many others, about turning away from the traditional market and buying second hand.
A total of 81% of Spanish residents used the second-hand market last year, saving on average €205 on each purchase, according to Spanish website segundamano.es.
Michael Battle, owner of Malaga-based RestoreElectronica.com, which sells pre-owned mobile phones and tablets says second-hand shopping is great, so long as you know about potential fraudsters.
“Buying second-hand from independent sellers is risky,” Michael told the Olive Press. “Try to purchase from a company which offers good post-sales service, is easily contactable, has good reviews and above all offers a legal guarantee.
“Despite the big savings on offer, there can be pitfalls to second-hand shopping.
“Be sure to read the product description right so you know the condition of the product you’re buying. If prices seem extremely low, be suspicious – also beware of fakes.”
He added: “If you go to the Apple store you’ll be asked to pay at least €509 for a 5S and €749 for the new 6S.
“Many people can’t or won’t pay this. We sell the 5S at €349 and if all you want is an iPhone the iPhone 4 is as low as €95.”
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16