TOP world female golfers have come out in support of Paige Spiranac after she was heavily criticised for crashing out of the Dubai Ladies Masters on the first day.
Often dubbed the ‘world’s most attractive female athlete’, the buxom American blonde came under fire, with many pundits claiming she was only invited because of her good looks.
Shooting a first round 77, Spiranac failed to make the cut and was out of the competition.
This led to media reports in the USA criticising Spiranac’s inclusion in the tournament,.
However, a number of experienced golfers have been fighting her corner since.
Among those backing up the 22-year-old are England’s Liz Young and Spain’s Carmen Alonso.
“Paige deserves to be here,” Alonso said. “She is young, she may not quite be at the top level yet but she is working hard and is dedicated to the sport.
“I am sure she will do well.”
Spiranac gained the attention of the world’s press after a video of her performing a trick-shot was watched over 1.5 million times on YouTube.
She also has half a million followers on Instagram.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36