ONE of the Costa del Sol’s best-loved restaurants has moved.
Expat-run hotspot Kokomo has more than doubled in size after swapping its established Benamara location for a 250-capacity spot in Nueva Atalaya, Estepona.
However, chef, staff and menu all remain the same, and Kokomo’s new location is a mere 1km away – just “far enough from the main road for a tranquil, secluded experience,” says British owner Simon Taylor-Lane.
“As we grew more popular it became apparent that we needed a bigger space,” Taylor-Lane explains. “We were turning away 50 or 60 bookings a night.
“The move has gone well. Everybody’s settled in and we’ve already seen well over 200 bookings for Sunday lunches which proves it was worthwhile.”
To accompany the spanking new restaurant (complete with terrace area), Kokomo is offering a new €6 and €7 lunch menu in addition to the ever-popular €5 lunchtime deal.
The restaurant will be hosting live music at least twice a week.
And on February 13, Kokomo is putting on a Valentine’s dinner-dance special, offering a meal for two for €54.95, a bottle of house wine included. But romantics will need to move fast: unsurprisingly half the tables have already been snapped up.
Kokomo, Avenida Pernet 26, Nueva Atalaya, Estepona. Tel: 685 218 054.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05