ONE of the Costa del Sol’s best-loved restaurants has moved.
Expat-run hotspot Kokomo has more than doubled in size after swapping its established Benamara location for a 250-capacity spot in Nueva Atalaya, Estepona.
However, chef, staff and menu all remain the same, and Kokomo’s new location is a mere 1km away – just “far enough from the main road for a tranquil, secluded experience,” says British owner Simon Taylor-Lane.
“As we grew more popular it became apparent that we needed a bigger space,” Taylor-Lane explains. “We were turning away 50 or 60 bookings a night.
“The move has gone well. Everybody’s settled in and we’ve already seen well over 200 bookings for Sunday lunches which proves it was worthwhile.”
To accompany the spanking new restaurant (complete with terrace area), Kokomo is offering a new €6 and €7 lunch menu in addition to the ever-popular €5 lunchtime deal.
The restaurant will be hosting live music at least twice a week.
And on February 13, Kokomo is putting on a Valentine’s dinner-dance special, offering a meal for two for €54.95, a bottle of house wine included. But romantics will need to move fast: unsurprisingly half the tables have already been snapped up.
Kokomo, Avenida Pernet 26, Nueva Atalaya, Estepona. Tel: 685 218 054.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45