ONE of the Costa del Sol’s best-loved restaurants has moved.
Expat-run hotspot Kokomo has more than doubled in size after swapping its established Benamara location for a 250-capacity spot in Nueva Atalaya, Estepona.
However, chef, staff and menu all remain the same, and Kokomo’s new location is a mere 1km away – just “far enough from the main road for a tranquil, secluded experience,” says British owner Simon Taylor-Lane.
“As we grew more popular it became apparent that we needed a bigger space,” Taylor-Lane explains. “We were turning away 50 or 60 bookings a night.
“The move has gone well. Everybody’s settled in and we’ve already seen well over 200 bookings for Sunday lunches which proves it was worthwhile.”
To accompany the spanking new restaurant (complete with terrace area), Kokomo is offering a new €6 and €7 lunch menu in addition to the ever-popular €5 lunchtime deal.
The restaurant will be hosting live music at least twice a week.
And on February 13, Kokomo is putting on a Valentine’s dinner-dance special, offering a meal for two for €54.95, a bottle of house wine included. But romantics will need to move fast: unsurprisingly half the tables have already been snapped up.
Kokomo, Avenida Pernet 26, Nueva Atalaya, Estepona. Tel: 685 218 054.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02