A SPANISH police officer has been found guilty of torturing a suspect.
Mallorcan officer – named only as Victor GF – has been given a three year prison sentence, after he held an empty gun to the suspect’s head and pretended to shoot him three times.
The incident occurred in the basement of Palma de Mallorca’s police station in August 2009.
The officer, 39, read his victim the riot act before illegally detaining him and tormenting him.
The victim’s defence lawyer claims that this demonstrates Mollorcan police use underhand tactics to obtain false confessions.
However, the officer is appealing for a reduced sentence based on the fact that this is his first offence.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36