KELLOGGS and Cooperacion Internacional are planning to roll out their free school breakfast project across Andalucia.
Their Sevilla project which began in January at the Valeriano Becquer primary school sees 120 children fed breakfast every morning.
The three to 11-year-olds are served breakfast at 8.15am, with menus including milk, yoghurt, toast and olive oil, toast with tomatoes and cake on Fridays.
Cooperacion Internacional’s Andalucian delegate Pedro Ortega Campos told the Olive Press: “The idea is to help them have a good breakfast and get them into school and studying from the morning onwards.
“We are really happy with results of the project and we are now looking at other schools in Seville and Andalucia.”
As well as other criteria, the project selects schools by assessing the rate of social exclusion and unemployment among its students and families.
Kelloggs began its Breakfast for Better Days project in the UK in 1998, before expanding it to Asia, the US and Europe, where this year it plans donate 200 million servings of cereals and snacks.
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13