KELLOGGS and Cooperacion Internacional are planning to roll out their free school breakfast project across Andalucia.
Their Sevilla project which began in January at the Valeriano Becquer primary school sees 120 children fed breakfast every morning.
The three to 11-year-olds are served breakfast at 8.15am, with menus including milk, yoghurt, toast and olive oil, toast with tomatoes and cake on Fridays.
Cooperacion Internacional’s Andalucian delegate Pedro Ortega Campos told the Olive Press: “The idea is to help them have a good breakfast and get them into school and studying from the morning onwards.
“We are really happy with results of the project and we are now looking at other schools in Seville and Andalucia.”
As well as other criteria, the project selects schools by assessing the rate of social exclusion and unemployment among its students and families.
Kelloggs began its Breakfast for Better Days project in the UK in 1998, before expanding it to Asia, the US and Europe, where this year it plans donate 200 million servings of cereals and snacks.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52