KELLOGGS and Cooperacion Internacional are planning to roll out their free school breakfast project across Andalucia.
Their Sevilla project which began in January at the Valeriano Becquer primary school sees 120 children fed breakfast every morning.
The three to 11-year-olds are served breakfast at 8.15am, with menus including milk, yoghurt, toast and olive oil, toast with tomatoes and cake on Fridays.
Cooperacion Internacional’s Andalucian delegate Pedro Ortega Campos told the Olive Press: “The idea is to help them have a good breakfast and get them into school and studying from the morning onwards.
“We are really happy with results of the project and we are now looking at other schools in Seville and Andalucia.”
As well as other criteria, the project selects schools by assessing the rate of social exclusion and unemployment among its students and families.
Kelloggs began its Breakfast for Better Days project in the UK in 1998, before expanding it to Asia, the US and Europe, where this year it plans donate 200 million servings of cereals and snacks.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40