THE Olive Press has been named the best expat newspaper in Spain and the second most popular in the world.
The accolade follows a poll of tens of thousands of expats from more than 90 different countries.
The Expat Survey Consumer Awards asked 27,000 expatriates worldwide to vote for their favourite blog, magazine, newspaper, website and radio station.
“It’s brilliant news, it’s great to have the recognition after working so hard,” Publisher and Editor of the Olive Press Jon Clarke said, “It’s pretty amazing considering how young the paper is as we will be celebrating just our tenth anniversary this year. The whole team deserves a pat on the back.”
The Olive Press came second to France’s Connexion, while third went to Round Town News, which has been operating on Spain’s Costa Blanca for more than 30 years.
The Olive Press, which began printing in 2006, is best known for its investigative work in the Andalucia region of southern Spain, and last September set up an additional paper to cover the British territory of Gibraltar.
Publishing consultant for the paper Clive Jacques said: “This is a brilliant good news story for us. At times the paper is accused of mainly highlighting bad news, but it is good for the readers and advertisers to know the Olive Press is officially the second most popular in the world, and the number one expat paper in Spain. ”
The awards are described as an opportunity for expatriates to nominate and commend the work of media owners and service providers that ‘add value to their lives’.
The award for best blog went to expat.com, best newsletter to The Telegraph, best magazine to the Economist, best radio station to Talksport and best news website to Angloinfo.com.
See the full list of winners here: http://www.theexpatsurvey.com/tesca/
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14