POLICE are awaiting the results of an autopsy after two tourists were found dead on a luxury yacht.
A 28-year-old Italian woman and a 46-year-old Russian man were found dead inside the floating 12-metre-long yacht in the port of Roses in Catalonia on Sunday.
Anonymous police sources say a ‘huge’ amount of drugs, alcohol and sex toys were also found on board.
A police spokeswoman said: “No signs of violence were detected. We are waiting for the results of the autopsy to determine the cause of death.”
The town’s mayor Montserrat Mindan confirmed the yacht had docked up on Saturday before the pair dined in a local restaurant.
At 6pm on Sunday, a port employee had gone to advise the pair that a better mooring was available, but when no one answered he looked through the window and saw a dead body on the floor.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26