FURIOUS PP members have launched a campaign to save one of Mijas’ oldest buildings.
The early 20th century farmhouse, named Las Garcias, sits in Tejada and is described as the only evidence of the way of life of early Las Lagunas inhabitants.
The PP said it condemns the neglect and ruin that has allegedly been allowed to occur under the watch of Ciudadanos, after the rival party broke its pact with the PP in April and assumed full control in Mijas.
While the PP had put forward an economic bill to restore the farmhouse when in power, it failed to receive enough support from the opposing parties.
It said in a statement: “The PP of Mijas demands that the executive, headed by former Socialist Juan Carlos Maldonado, do something, and start procedures to invite tenders for the rehabilitation of this building immediately.”
It is feared the building is close to collapse as visible cracks have begun to appear from the outside.
The PP said it has long been committed to the idea of rehabilitating the house and making it an attraction, ‘in order to not lose the undeniable historical and ethnographic character’ of the site.
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27