SPAIN will experience its first heatwave of the year this week as temperatures soar to 42C.
National weather agency Aemet has put 38 provinces on alert for high temperatures, and 13 are labelled a ‘high risk’.
The high risk areas include Caceres y Badajoz (41C), Cordoba and Jaen (40C), and Toledo and Ciudad Real (42C).
The heat is due to an abundance of dry air in the interior and east of Spain, according to Aemet.
It adds that temperatures should lower by Wednesday.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13