OPPONENTS of bull fighting may need to reconsider the Spanish tradition.
Video taken in Santillana del Mar, in Cantabria, appears to show a normal bull run on a small street except for one thing: the bulls are people dressed up as bulls.
Dressed in somewhat realistic inflatable bull costumes, four of the bull alternatives took to the streets, bumping into the amused runners and onlookers with their flimsy horns.
The human bulls are a way to follow traditions without torturing or humiliating animals.
Nobody was hurt or gored during the run.
It is yet to be seen if this spectacle will catch on.
- Spotlight on Oscar winning director Pedro Almodovar - 1 Sep, 2016 @ 15:56
- Know your tomatoes: Spain’s obsession with the red (and green) fruit - 27 Aug, 2016 @ 14:05
- From bears to wolves the search is on for Spain’s wild animals - 21 Aug, 2016 @ 10:00
- Five members of infamous Pink Panther gang arrested in €400,000 jewellery heist - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 09:55
- Katie Price slammed for joke about her son during Spain trip - 17 Aug, 2016 @ 19:16
- Mariano Rajoy to agree to Ciudadanos six demands in Spanish prime minister talks - 17 Aug, 2016 @ 11:51
- Albert Rivera’s Ciudadanos take steps to try to allow Rajoy to form a government - 16 Aug, 2016 @ 14:45
- American actress Sigourney Weaver to be honoured at San Sebastian film festival - 15 Aug, 2016 @ 14:30
- Mexican bullfighter gored at Malaga feria - 15 Aug, 2016 @ 13:03
- Brain food: the science behind taste - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00