THE snail-like pace of Spain’s judicial system never fails to amaze!
For the 97 people who have (almost certainly wrongly) gone without their passports for two years it must be infuriating, to say the least.
And going on the usual time it takes to get to court, they may have to wait another few years!
With over 610,000 cases currently open in Spain it seems that reforms are urgently needed to speed things along.
A new vital ruling in December that holding passports for more than six months was illegal seemed like a step in the right direction.
However, investigators appear to have found a loophole to wriggle out of that one as well. Mañana, Mañana is one thing… two years without a passport and no answer is quite another.
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00