DISGRACED England football manager Sam Allardyce has escaped to his villa in Spain after being forced to resign.
He was spotted on the balcony of his Costa Blanca home, ‘Big Sam’s Villa’, a day after he left the top job.
His life-long friend David Ingham, 81, and his wife Pat arrived to cheer up the 61-year-old, who is said to be ‘sad’ and ‘very hurt’.
Asked how long the former England boss would be staying at his villa in Benidorm, Ingham said: “It could be two weeks, two months. He’s got time on his hands now.
He added: “I’ve known Sam for 40 years since he was a young Bolton player and he’s a lovely man with a high moral compass.
“He’s being painted as a greedy money grabber but that’s not the man I know. He’s a great guy.”
Allardyce’s wife Lynn is also staying at the villa while he ‘reflects’ on his career disaster.
He was forced to resign on Tuesday night after chasing a €460,000 deal to top up his salary while offering advice on bypassing transfer rules.
His villa is a spacious hillside property which features a carved stone sign in the shape of a football which reads, ‘Big Sam’s Villa’.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26