POLICE in Spain have arrested two men on suspicion of recruiting for the terrorist group ISIS.
The suspects are said to have been ‘fully integrated’ into the infrastructure of the extremist group and were found to be ‘encouraging terrorist acts’.
Material shared by the pair online was described as ‘extremely radical and shockingly crude.’
One was a Spanish national of Moroccan origin who was arrested in the northern port city of Gijon.
He had sworn loyalty to ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and was in touch with ISIS ‘members and leaders’ through a large, secure network he had created.
The other was arrested in the Basque resort of San Sebastian near the French border and was also recruiting ‘within radical jihadist circles’ in his local area.
He was deliberately focusing on ‘those at risk of social exclusion’, a police statement said.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33