FOOTAGE released of sex workers engaging in explicit acts in public has caused uproar in Spain.
One clip sees a prostitute unzipping a man’s trousers on a public walkway in easy view of pedestrians as they walk by in Barcelona.
The woman carries on with the act despite the number of walkers by.
A couple filmed and uploaded the video to bring attention to the high volume of illicit sex acts happening across the country.
The act was said to be captured in the early hours of the morning as kids were walking to the adjacent school.
Residents are calling on police to do more to intervene in the public acts.
A resident said: “The person who is seen in the video is not one of the prostitutes who usually works in the area.
“We think that it is a person who needs money and goes to a social service centre in the area.
“Actually, what you can see in the video is a case of exploitation, of abuse.”
Another local said drugs are also rapidly circulating, exacerbating the problem.
They said: “There are some squatter houses that are used by the drug traffickers as selling points.
“We have picked up dozens of syringes in just one day.
“In addition, our relationship with prostitutes is every day more difficult, they seem to see this entire area is their territory and we are just in the way.”
Prostitution is decriminalised in Spain and more people see it as normal than in any other country in Europe.
Pimping is still illegal.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18