NOVAK DJOKOVIC has reportedly been seeking spiritual guidance from Spanish tennis player-turned spiritual guru Pepe Imaz.
Imaz’s techniques include telling students to send ‘pleasant thoughts’ to a container of boiled rice as part of projects to better themselves.
The 42-year-old, whose Amor y Paz centre is in Marbella, is known for his unusual methods, which include long hugs for his students.
World number two Djokovic has raised eyebrows by bringing Imaz to the Paris Masters in place of Boris Becker, who has not been present at the tournament.
The Serbian player has grown closer to Imaz since his performance began to dip after claiming the French Open in May, crashing out of Wimbledon in the third round and failing to reach the US Open final.
Djokovic recently recharged in Marbella, near Imaz’s centre, following a shock defeat to Spain’s Roberto Bautista at the Shanghai Masters.
He combined training at the Puente Romano resort with yoga and strolls along the beach with his wife, son and parents.
The Serbian will be hoping to reclaim his number one spot from Briton Andy Murray at the ATP World Tour finals in London later this month.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00