TONY BLAIR has denied claims that he is planning a political comeback to influence Brexit negotiations because he thinks the Tories are ‘screwing it up’ and that Jeremy Corbyn is a ‘nutter’.
The former Labour prime minister, who, according to a source, thinks Theresa May is a ‘lightweight’, has labelled reports that he has set up an institute near Whitehall as ‘wholly untrue.’
He has confirmed however that he is keeping his ‘options open’ over Brexit.
Eurosceptics are pleased at the thought of a Blair intervention, arguing that he will only embolden Brexiteers.
Former Conservative environment secretary Owen Paterson said: “This is glorious news. He is one of those discredited establishment figures who repels many people. For this, he must win the international prize for lack of self-awareness this year.”
Blair will make an announcement regarding his potential new role in politics in the New Year.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19