A BRITISH holidaymaker has died after plunging from a Costa del Sol hostel balcony.
The 51-year-old male, locally named as Mark Woodward, was staying with his girlfriend at the Hostal El Cid in Fuengirola when he fell from the third floor.
The accident occurred at around 3.30pm yesterday.
His partner was thought to be in the room at the time.
Results of a post-mortem due to be undertaken this morning have not yet been made public.
A 19-year-old Swedish tourist called Sandra Eleonora Karlsson was stabbed to death at the hostel in 2011 in a horrific sexually-motivated attack.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09