SCHOOLS have been suspended in the Ronda area and most people were unable to get to work as between three and six centimetres of snow fell overnight.
In one of the heaviest snowfalls in decades, the Serranía de Ronda bore the brunt of the snow, while heavy snow also fell in the Sierra de las Nieves and Sierra Bermeja above Estépona.
With the temperature dropping to nearly zero on the Costa del Sol last night it was one of the coldest nights in history. The snow fell in cartama, alhaurin, mijas and even Malaga. The Axarquia and the Montes de Málaga have had heavy snow.
A yellow warning has been declared for inland areas of Andalucia, while most of the key roads were gritted yesterday.
Please send in your snow pics to [email protected]
- Italian dynamo – one of the most-established chefs in Pollensa - 15 Jun, 2018 @ 18:10
- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more - 4 May, 2018 @ 18:21
- Oh La La La Cala – Joffrey Charles is the true Gallic star of the coast - 8 Apr, 2018 @ 17:12
- Sherry House in Mijas has one of the biggest collection of sherries in the world - 7 Apr, 2018 @ 20:01
- Taste on a high – Mijas is fast developing a vibrant and exciting restaurant scene - 5 Apr, 2018 @ 19:47
- It’s been happy days since Guillermo Morillas opened his agency, Target Estates, in Mijas Pueblo - 4 Apr, 2018 @ 21:22
- Secret of success – the key restaurateurs of Mijas Pueblo - 3 Apr, 2018 @ 19:18
- Two Spanish sides to face English teams in the Champions League - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:56
- The three best casinos in Madrid - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:08
- You Could Win $690 Million in American Lottery Prizes This Weekend - 29 Dec, 2017 @ 13:30