AFTER 26 years, 11 albums and countless blistering shows, the Juke Joints have succeeded in stretching their limits with undoubtedly their best and most diverse album yet, Heart on Fire.
When Juke Joints leadsinger/drummer Peter Kempe visited the 2008 Chicago Blues Festival, he was so impressed with Eddy “The Chief” Clearwater’s performance, he simply had to have a word with him after his show.
This resulted in an invitation to their Kwadendamme Blues Festival in 2009. Eddy fired on all cylinders and The Juke Joints excelled as his backing band. It led to more shows around Europe and the determination to record together.
The contact with Eddy Clearwater opened up the doors to the legendary Stax studio and in June 2010 they made the long-awaited trip to the home of the blues, Chicago.
They recorded what surely must be their magnum opus, with a collection of songs that includes plenty of the high energy rhythm ‘n’ blues, shuffles and boogies that have earned them so much praise.
Stand out tracks include Stax Sound, which has that inimitable Stax soul groove that Peter Kempe experienced when visiting the legendary Stax studio. Guitarist Michel Staat shows his wizardry in the enthralling slow blues Bad Bad Feeling and Strollin’ Down Lincoln Av. is a jazzy instrumental, highlighting Sonnyboy van den Broek’s awesome talents on the harp.
The highly diverse album is to be released worldwide and should win The Juke Joints global recognition as one of the most energetic rock rollin’ blues bands around. You can catch the band at Rock on the Rock in Gibraltar on February 3 and at the Louie Louie bar in Estepona February 4.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13