THE former RTN newspaper has relaunched today after their brand name was acquired by a rival newspaper.
The Alicante-based publication, which was voted the second-best expat newspaper in Spain at the noted TESCA awards last year, will now be under the name Xpat News.
A full explanation of the brand change has been given by editor Jack Troughton in the first edition, which hit the streets today.
“We are confident that we can continue the success of Round Town News,” Troughton told the Olive Press, “We have the same team, the same quality and pedigree, and we will be bringing in some new talent too.”
“I’d rather not comment on what exactly has happened,” he added.
Its owner Danny Wilkinson, however, was more forthcoming.
While he was ‘delighted’ with the new paper and how well it has been received by its advertisers and loyal readers, he added: “What has happened to us is typical of how things work in Spain at times and it has sadly happened before,” he said.
“The truth will out.”
He continued: “We have confidence in our new paper and that karma will count in the end.”
The popular paper has been printing since 1999 and distributes from Cartagena to Valencia.
On the new branding, Troughton added: “At a time of Brexit, the word ‘expat’ is everywhere and we know that when our readers see that word on the shelves they will immediately identify with it.”
Visit their new website here: www.thexpatnews.com
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06