THE former RTN newspaper has relaunched today after their brand name was acquired by a rival newspaper.
The Alicante-based publication, which was voted the second-best expat newspaper in Spain at the noted TESCA awards last year, will now be under the name Xpat News.
A full explanation of the brand change has been given by editor Jack Troughton in the first edition, which hit the streets today.
“We are confident that we can continue the success of Round Town News,” Troughton told the Olive Press, “We have the same team, the same quality and pedigree, and we will be bringing in some new talent too.”
“I’d rather not comment on what exactly has happened,” he added.
Its owner Danny Wilkinson, however, was more forthcoming.
While he was ‘delighted’ with the new paper and how well it has been received by its advertisers and loyal readers, he added: “What has happened to us is typical of how things work in Spain at times and it has sadly happened before,” he said.
“The truth will out.”
He continued: “We have confidence in our new paper and that karma will count in the end.”
The popular paper has been printing since 1999 and distributes from Cartagena to Valencia.
On the new branding, Troughton added: “At a time of Brexit, the word ‘expat’ is everywhere and we know that when our readers see that word on the shelves they will immediately identify with it.”
Visit their new website here: www.thexpatnews.com
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43