ANDALUCIA Junta’s head is to finally join the race to become PSOE’s new leader.
Susana Diaz is to throw her hat in the ring for the Socialists’ national leadership race by March 26, according to sources close to her.
She is expected to formally announce her intention to run in the party’s primaries in Madrid, the day after the launch of a central policy document which will be discussed at the party’s congress in June.
The revelation comes after months of speculation as to whether she would stand in the contest, whose other already confirmed candidates include ousted former party leader Pedro Sanchez and former Basque government head Patxi Lopez.
It has not yet been decided if she would be allowed to continue as president of the junta if she were to win the leadership race.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09