THERESA MAY has insisted that Donald Trump was being a ‘gentleman’ when he held her hand during her last visit to the US.
May made the comment in an interview with fashion magazine American Vogue.
She is the first UK PM to pose for the publication.
“He was being a gentleman,” May said, “We were about to walk down a ramp, and he said it might be a bit awkward.
“I like to think we got on.”
The feature piece sees May pose for noted photographer Annie Leibovitz while answering questions on a range of issues.
On her comparison to Margaret Thatcher she says: “There can only ever be one Margaret Thatcher.
“I’m Theresa May. I do things my way.”
The shoot was organised by British editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, with some suggesting May’s choice of the US version of the magazine was designed to raise her profile in the states.
The 60-year-old Tory leader is pictured in an L.K.Bennet coat and dress sitting in front of a 17th century painting called ‘Master Frankland, Second Son to William Frankland’.
Another photo shows her in a long red coat and grey sweater, both from the exclusive Egg boutique, walking through a wintry landscape with husband Philip, who she praised as being ‘very supportive’ in her interview.
Read the full interview here: http://www.vogue.com/article/british-prime-minister-theresa-may-interview-brexit-political-views
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40