THE shock announcement of another British general election is the latest unintended consequence of Brexit.
But instead of feeling fatigued, Bremain in Spain campaigner John Moffett is right to suggest that expats should look forward to the vote as an opportunity to influence Brexit.
While it remains unclear if Brexit could be reversed was the electorate to vote in enough pro-European MPs, this is the only real opportunity to at least shape how the divorce is played out and minimise its unsavoury side effects.
While it is incredibly frustrating that so many expats will yet again be denied a vote despite a Government promise, do not forget the ability and importance of lobbying eligible friends and family back in the UK.
So get registered to vote and/or join the debate-the time is now to make your voices heard.
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38