MORE than €75 million is being pumped into sustainable building projects across Andalucia in a major green campaign.
The Junta is financing environmentally-sound and long-lasting projects that will come to fruition before 2020.
José Sánchez Maldonado, head of the department for employment and business, said the funding has been drawn from the region’s energy agency.
Some of the money will also go into renovating existing buildings to make them more green, installing thermal insulation to bring down energy use and eco-air conditioning.
The investment makes up part of the Junta’s new three-pronged energy efficiency programme, whose other two parts, focusing on small and medium enterprises and ‘intelligent networks’, are due to receive €227m co-financed by the EU’s European Regional Development Fund.
The plans for these areas will be revealed by the Junta by July.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09