A HUGE police operation has targeted suspected drug traffickers in Mallorca.
Some 193 agents, 75 from the mainland, swooped on addresses in Cala Ratjada, Manacor, Inca and Palma in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The raids have been co-ordinated by the Guardia Civil’s Anti-Organised Crime Team.
Armed, masked officers could be seen in the streets where the raids were carried out, with properties in Son Gotleu and Pere Garau targeted by police.
It is the third operation in recent months following similar raids in Soller and Puerto de Alcudia.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00