A MALLORCA film producer has reunited Clint Eastwood and composer Ennio Morricone for a documentary about The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Luisa Rossello Cowell’s film tells the story of one of cinema’s most famous locations, Spain’s Sad Hill Cemetery, the scene for the spaghetti western’s climax.
In 1966, the Spanish Army built 5,000 graves at the cemetery near Almeria specifically for Sergio Leone’s masterpiece.
But with the area completely neglected for 50 years, it was left to a group of Spanish film-makers to unearth the overgrown site in 2015.
“Eastwood’s agency told us he couldn’t talk because he was recording Sully,” said Rossello.
“After a month, we went back and they said no again, then told us not to ask anymore.
“Then, out of the blue, they said yes.”
Eastwood gave a series of excellent anecdotes, including one about a scene where a bridge explodes.
“It blew it up by mistake when nobody was filming,” she continued. “So they had to rebuild it. ‘What more can we do for you?’ The Spanish government said: “A cemetery with 5,000 graves,” Leone told them.”
The film, Sad Hill Unearthed will be released in the autumn.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00