SPAIN’S coastguard has rescued 600 migrants crossing from Morocco in just 24 hours.
The rescued migrants were in 15 vessels including toy paddleboats and a jet ski and included 35 children and a baby.
According to the UN, more than 9,000 people have arrived in Spain so far this year – three times as many as last year.
More than 120 people are believed to have drowned attempting the crossing.
Spain is on track to overtake Greece this year in the number of migrants arriving by sea, the UN’s International Organization for Migration (IOM) said earlier this month.
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38