The 14-year-old is being questioned after being accused of ‘improper public behaviour’, a statement said.
It is not yet clear what his nationality is and whether he will be officially charged.
The clip shows the teen disrupting traffic while performing the dance to the popular Spanish song, which topped charts around the world in 1995.
The lack of codified law in Saudi Arabia means officials and judges have a broad scope when dishing out punishments.
Social media users have branded the teen a ‘hero’, while many in the country have called his actions ‘immoral’.
Macarena is a Spanish dance song by Los del Río – a double singing act from Sevilla – about a woman of the same name.
It was an international hit in 1995, 1996, and 1997, and continues to be a popular dance at weddings, parties, and sporting events.
It was ranked the ‘#1 Greatest One-Hit Wonder of All Time’ by VH1 in 2002.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05