SPANISH police are investigating the alleged rape of a British tourist who claims a Costa del Sol taxi driver took her to an abandoned wasteland before forcing himself on her.
The holidaymaker claims the unidentified driver picked her up in Puerto Banus at around 4am on Sunday, after she decided to leave friends following a night of partying.
But instead of taking her to her hotel, the driver took her to a deserted plot of land and raped her, according to the victim’s statement.
She has been unable to give police a proper description of the man, or any detailed information about the car he was driving, including his taxi number.
Police have so far revealed few details about their ongoing investigation, although sources described the holidaymaker as British and said she was in her twenties.
She is thought to have flown back home since reporting the incident while police continue their hunt for the suspect.
Police insiders say they are taking her complaint ‘very seriously’ and have described her as being in a ‘state of shock’ when she informed them what had happened.
A spokesman for Policia Nacional said: “We are investigating a complaint of a sexual attack.
“We are not giving out any details about the complainant for obvious reasons. All I can say is that she is foreign.”
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16