WOMEN in Andalucia who have suffered the heartbreak of losing their husbands no longer have to suffer alone.
There are more than 250 Jolly Dollie groups in the United Kingdom but now an expat has set up the first division in Andalucia.
The Jolly Dollies main objective is to help widows regain their social life through new friendships and social events.
Jo Reeves and her late husband were frequent visitors to Sabinillas.
When she retired from work, Jo decided to move out here full time.
Living on the Costa del Sol Jo realized there were many other widows living here that would also benefit from the camaraderie, friendship and understanding that she had previously experienced attending Jolly Dollie groups in the UK.
“Jolly Dollies is an organisation no woman anticipates joining, but we all know life dishes out the unexpected,” Jo said.
“It is hoped that Jolly Dollies can, when the time is right, help put the smile back.”
Yvonne Vann, the founder member and the Head of the Jolly Dollies believes her organisation fills a vital void for bereaved women.
“We have become singletons and not by choice, we need and want to be with others who know and understand exactly where we are coming from.
“The Jolly Dollies Social Network for Widows seems to fill that gap after bereavement counseling, when widows want to get back into some kind of social life with others who completely understand,” she said.
Anyone interested in joining Jo’s group can visit www.jollydollies.com and the ‘Become a Member’ page.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33