Some 500 military personnel have been rushed to scenes in northwest Spain to tackle the inferno which began over the weekend.
The fires were fanned by the strong winds from Hurricane Ophelia.
Vigo is under siege form the flames as hundreds of people are being evacuated.
The bodies of the two victims, so far not identified, were found by firemen inside a van that had been travelling along a road through blazing woods in the Nigrán area of Pontevedra province.
Images on social networks appeared to show the blaze close to Vigo’s city centre.
The president of Galicia, Alberto Núñez Feijóo, condemned what he described as the ‘murderous’ acts of ‘fire starters’, pleading with those responsible for ‘a minimum of sensitivity and responsibility’.
“My commiserations and pain to the victims. My abhorrence to the fire starters. Galicia supports the [firefighting] teams; they not only put out fires, but they save lives,” Núñez Feijóo tweeted.
More to follow…
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56