The new feature, similar to Snapchat maps, is meant to make it easier to meet up with friends and let loved ones know that you’re safe.
Friends’ and family’s profile pictures will appear as an icon that will move around a Google-style interactive map.
In the latest version of the internet messaging app, the option to share your location will appear under the attach function when sending messages to a single person or group.
You can choose how long you want to share your journey and who with, and tap send.
Each person in the chat will be able to see exactly what you’re up to and if you’re running late.
If more than one person shares their location, they will appear on the same map.
Android and iPhone owners will start to see the option to share their location in the coming weeks.
The update has proven controversial for some.
Domestic abuse charities fear abusers will use the function to keep a tighter grip on their victims.
Snapchat’s similar Snapmaps had police fearing it could be used by kidnappers or stalkers as youngsters were being encouraged to share their locations.
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- One in every seven euros into Spain’s economy comes from tourism - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- There is more than just good fish restaurants in the seaside resort of Manilva - 7 Mar, 2019 @ 15:23