MARBELLA’S Costa del Sol Hospital has been declared the best in Spain.
The 400-bed public health centre warded off stiff competition from 135 hospitals across 17 regions to be crowned winner of the national ‘Best Hospital’ award in recognition of its premium service.
Andalucian Health Minister Marina Álvarez commended health professionals for their hard work and dedication.
“They have shown through their commitment to our services that everyone is entitled to universal and equal health care.”
The awards, now in their 12th year, aim to recognise health centres, hospitals and primary care centres in Spain that actively improve their quality of care.
The awards were presented in Sevilla, with the Reina Sofía Hospital in Córdoba winning the award for the Best Infectious Disease Service.
- Read our latest newspapers: Andalucia, Mallorca, Costa Blanca & Gibraltar - 26 May, 2019 @ 09:35
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00