MARBELLA’S Costa del Sol Hospital has been declared the best in Spain.
The 400-bed public health centre warded off stiff competition from 135 hospitals across 17 regions to be crowned winner of the national ‘Best Hospital’ award in recognition of its premium service.
Andalucian Health Minister Marina Álvarez commended health professionals for their hard work and dedication.
“They have shown through their commitment to our services that everyone is entitled to universal and equal health care.”
The awards, now in their 12th year, aim to recognise health centres, hospitals and primary care centres in Spain that actively improve their quality of care.
The awards were presented in Sevilla, with the Reina Sofía Hospital in Córdoba winning the award for the Best Infectious Disease Service.
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00