RAFAEL Nadal was refused entry to the Paris Masters courts because a guard didn’t recognise him.
The tournament employee had no idea who the World No.1 was, and the awkward moment was captured by French TV.
“Hello sir, have you got your pass?” the security guard asked the world’s most famous tennis player, and a surprised Nadal responded: “I don’t have it with me.”
The guard asked Nadal who he was and got the world-renowned name in response.
The Spaniard was then immediately allowed through to the training courts.
Nadal was forced to pull out of the tournament with a knee injury before facing Serbian player Filip Krajinovic in the quarter-finals.
American Jack Sock won his first Masters title after beating Krajinovic.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14