A BRITISH expat couple are relaunching their popular Marbella restaurant with a new Michelin Star manager.
Barry Akalley and wife Louise have given their Fuel Brasserie eatery in Nueva Andalucia a whole new menu as the restaurant enters its third year in business.
The changes are being orchestrated with the help of Alex Sapic, the former manager at Michelin Starred restaurant Adam’s in Birmingham.
“We will have around five different specials each day, from top notch fish and chips to Chinese and Nordic specials, all appealing to the different nationalities that you find here,” said Akalley, at an exclusive tasting event.
Guests were treated to nine courses, including Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with parmesan and truffle oil, Nordic Seafood Cocktail with red onion and dill and a Lebanese-inspired Kataifi with pistachio and clotted cream.
The restaurant re-opens on December 5.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29