GUARDIA Civil have arrested 40 suspects in an anti-drug and money laundering operation covering Girona, Pontevedra, Madrid, Melilla, Malaga and Morocco.
Footage released shows cops raiding properties and uncovering 18 cars and 1.2 tonnes of cocaine.
The arrested include 34 men and six women of British, Spanish and Moroccan nationalities.
Some €13 million in cash was also seized while another 2.5 tonnes of cocaine were uncovered in Morocco, meaning 3.7 tonnes of the Class-A drug were unearthed altogether – a street value of €103 million.
Cops say the operation, run in conjunction with Europol and several other national crime agencies, has disabled an important criminal organization based in Spain and Morocco and which was directed from Venezuela by a Spanish citizen who is being hunted down.
A motorhome and three boats used for the transfer of the drugs were also seized.
The crime gang was able to move money by using people with limited financial resources and making them hide money among their belongings while travelling.
The investigation managed to intercept more than €4 million euros on flights departing from Malaga or Melilla to Venezuela, but how much they really got through is likely far higher.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14