WHILE the season can mean colder temperatures and the odd day of rain, everyone loves a trip to the Christmas market.
And on the Costa del Sol, locals and expats are spoiled for choice.
From Torrox to Marbella, below are the best Christmas markets along the coast.
One of the most popular in the whole province, the capital’s market runs from November 24 to January 7 at the Pier One in the port.
Find food stalls, popup restaurants and more at the Plaza de la Constitucion.
Open from November 15 to December 14 (10.30am to 2.30pm and 5pm to 9pm)
This year’s Torrox market runs from December 5 to 10 (from 5pm) and from December 6-10 11am to 9.30pm at Restaurante Horto-Malaga
This is a one day event at the La Virginia on December 8
BENALMADENA TRADITIONS FESTIVAL
This too is a one-day affair on December 9, at Plaza de la Mezquita, Arroyo de la Miel
Running on the Avenida de la Constitucion from December 1-10.
In the centre of town there is a huge Christmas atmosphere with performances by choirs and nativity scenes and a Christmas concert, Christmas sweets contest and a Christmas market until January 5.
The start date of the market has not yet been confirmed.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29