FORTY suspects have been arrested in connection with a sex-trafficking ring covering Andalucia, the Basque country and Castilla la Mancha.
Most of the detained are of Nigerian origin and stand accused of trafficking and sexually exploiting dozens of women, many of them minors.
According to an Alicante court, thirteen victims in Almeria were forced to prostitute themselves in caves, which is where police rescued them from.
The suspects have had their passports taken from them and they will present themselves to the court every week before they face trial.
Judge Juana López says the group are charged with being part of a criminal organization, human trafficking and induction to prostitution and money laundering.
The arrests were carried out in Alicante city, Torrevieja and in the municipalities of Vera and Roquetas de Mar in Almeria.
The maneuver has resulted in thirteen arrested who will be taken into custody tomorrow.
The detainees, almost all of Nigerian origin, are suspected of exploiting the Nigerian women sexually.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40