The woman, 37, left the youngest children, aged 6 and 8, with their brother, 16, in their UK home while she jetted off to the holiday hotspot.
She was rumbled when the youngest told a teacher that their mum had gone away.
The school contacted social services, but the single mum refused to fly back. Instead, she tried to put the kids with a woman who had been probed for child sex abuse, the UK’s Liverpool Crown Court heard.
It comes after the mum, who can’t be named to protect the identity of the kids, left her two youngest in a car while she visited a gym earlier this year.
Prosecutor Zia Chaudhry told the court the woman had falsely claimed that she’d arranged her friend to look after her children while she was abroad, but the friend had cancelled due to a bereavement.
The mum had created fake emails to back up the lie.
Judge Robert Trevor-Jones branded her ‘callous and self-centred’.
“You showed quite persistent failure to perform your parental duties and a breach of the trust, and you then covered it up,” he told Liverpool Crown Court.
“You were asked to come home at the earliest opportunity but you declined and remained until the expiry of that week, displaying callous, self-centred indifference to the position of your children — a thread which runs through this case.”
The woman, of Cheshire, in England’s northwest, pleaded guilty to two offences of child neglect and attempting to pervert the course of justice and was jailed for 12 months.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31