MALLORCAN restaurants have held on to their ten Michelin stars.
Chef Fernando Pérez Arellano’s Zaranda in Es Capdellá continues to be the island’s only two star establishment for the third year running.
Meanwhile Sa Coma’s Bou celebrates its 15th year with a culinary star.
Jardín, Es Fum, Adrián Quetglas, Argos, Deiá’s Es Racó d’es Teix, Andreu Genestra, and Marc Fosh all kept their stars for their outstanding culinary talents.
It was a good year for Spain overall, with two new restaurants gaining three-star status, the highest award around the world.
The French food bible handed out the top gong to ABaC restaurant in Barcelona, where TV chef Jordi Cruz is based, as well as Aponiente in El Puerto de Santa Maria.
The incredible fish restaurant, run by talented Angel León, is the first three-Michelin starred joint in Andalucia.
León has been interviewed many times by the Olive Press since he began a decade ago. See feature on the next page.
Overall Spain has 11 three-star restaurants, 25 two-starred establishments and an impressive 159 awarded one star.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42