A CEMETERY on the outskirts of Malaga has announced its plans to expand and include a pet area by 2019.
If approved, Parcemasa says it will to offer a range of services including corteges, farewell ceremonies and burials.
The pet cemetery, measuring in at 15,000 square metres, will have a separate entrance and cost one million euros to build.
It is estimated that some 7,500 dogs die in Malaga city each year and the company believes one in three owners would be interested in using the new pet cemetery’s services.
Prices will start at 140 euros for a cremation and 150 for a shared grave.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00