SPANISH PM Mariano Rajoy would collect just 23.2% of the public vote if an election was held today, according to a new opinion poll.
Compiled by Metroscopia, the poll revealed that Rajoy suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of voters following from his handling of the Catalunya crisis where he cracked down and imprisoned separatist leaders.
Allies believe the 62-year-old has just 12 months to turn things around.
Narciso Michavila, chairman of pollster GAD3, told Bloomberg: “Rajoy is very likely aware of the push for renewal everywhere.
“He’s probably open to the idea that he won’t be the candidate for the next election.”
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11