A BRITISH expat is set to lose thousands of euros in business after his town hall began digging up the road outside his business without warning.
Josh Grimshaw, 28, started worrying after noticing a pile up of construction materials at Christmas, which was preventing customers from parking outside his bar La Tasca in Torre del Mar.
Amazingly, the town hall, just 50 metres away, first claimed to know nothing about the works when Grimshaw demanded answers.
“Now they have told me they are re-piping the roads and they ‘should’ be done by Semana Santa,” the Manchester-born businessman told the Olive Press.
Several expat businesses on Avenida Andalucia are also furious at having to close during the estimated three month work period.
“It’s disgusting,” added Grimshaw, who moved to the Costa del Sol 17 years ago, “I’ve now been told to take down my awnings or the town hall will do it themselves and slap me with a fine!”
The road has now been blocked off by road signs making the row of businesses inaccessible to potential punters.
Torre del Mar town hall has yet to common.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33