A BRITISH expat is set to lose thousands of euros in business after his town hall began digging up the road outside his business without warning.
Josh Grimshaw, 28, started worrying after noticing a pile up of construction materials at Christmas, which was preventing customers from parking outside his bar La Tasca in Torre del Mar.
Amazingly, the town hall, just 50 metres away, first claimed to know nothing about the works when Grimshaw demanded answers.
“Now they have told me they are re-piping the roads and they ‘should’ be done by Semana Santa,” the Manchester-born businessman told the Olive Press.
Several expat businesses on Avenida Andalucia are also furious at having to close during the estimated three month work period.
“It’s disgusting,” added Grimshaw, who moved to the Costa del Sol 17 years ago, “I’ve now been told to take down my awnings or the town hall will do it themselves and slap me with a fine!”
The road has now been blocked off by road signs making the row of businesses inaccessible to potential punters.
Torre del Mar town hall has yet to common.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31