PILOTS for Ryanair in Spain have threatened to take legal action.
They will announce a strike within days if certain assurances are not met over their employment rights.
The Spanish pilots’ union SEPLA has written to Ryanair accusing management of failing to negotiate in good faith since formally recognising unions before Christmas.
SEPLA has told the Ireland-based airline if a meeting is not held by January 26, next Friday, to regularise the rights of Ryanair pilots in accordance with Spanish regulations, the union will proceed to initiate ‘all legal actions that Spanish labour law grants us in defence of our legitimate rights’.
In the letter, SEPLA says it is surprised and disappointed at documentation received from management, which continues to link payment of a 20% pay rise to conditions which pilots find unacceptable.
Pilots have blasted the airline for insisting on maintaining a system of 87 individual Employee Representative Councils which has been rejected by pilots in favour of union representation.
The letter accuses Ryanair of acting in bad faith by making the pay increases conditional on accepting what it calls ‘a workers representation contrary to our labour law’.
SEPLA calls on Ryanair to apply the 20% increase to all their pilots operating in Spain from September 1 without making it conditional on ‘renouncing to the legal workers representation recognized in our legislation’.
The letter concludes: “If by January 26th a new meeting has not been held in order to regularize the rights of Ryanair pilots operating in Spain in accordance with Spanish regulations, we will proceed to initiate all legal actions that Spanish labour law grants us, in defense of our legitimate rights.”
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50