MALAGA will not grant any more licences for bars and will crackdown on music-playing hours.
More than 100 streets will be affected by the new rules set to be introduced by the town hall after they were initially approved this morning.
The opening of new hotel or bar establishments in the affected zones will be suspended for one year.
The closing times of bars or establishments with outdoor terraces will be cut by one hour, from at 2am to 1am.
This time limitation will only be from Monday to Friday, so that weekends can continue closing at 2:00.
The time limitation will also not apply in the summer months or during the Christmas, Holy Week, Fair or Carnival periods.
Establishments with music should work with the doors and windows closed from midnight onwards and businesses must designate a person responsible for guaranteeing this measure.
At closing time, establishments must stop all music and stop serving or allowing more people inside.
The venue must be emptied within 20 minutes.
The measures must now be approved in the February plenary session before it enters the debate stage.
The government team estimates that by April it will be finally approved and ready to go into effect for a period of one year.
The streets declared ‘acoustically saturated’, are mostly located in the historic centre and the area of ??El Romeral in Teatinos. The areas are shaded in blue in the following map of the Center:
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45