MALAGA will not grant any more licences for bars and will crackdown on music-playing hours.
More than 100 streets will be affected by the new rules set to be introduced by the town hall after they were initially approved this morning.
The opening of new hotel or bar establishments in the affected zones will be suspended for one year.
The closing times of bars or establishments with outdoor terraces will be cut by one hour, from at 2am to 1am.
This time limitation will only be from Monday to Friday, so that weekends can continue closing at 2:00.
The time limitation will also not apply in the summer months or during the Christmas, Holy Week, Fair or Carnival periods.
Establishments with music should work with the doors and windows closed from midnight onwards and businesses must designate a person responsible for guaranteeing this measure.
At closing time, establishments must stop all music and stop serving or allowing more people inside.
The venue must be emptied within 20 minutes.
The measures must now be approved in the February plenary session before it enters the debate stage.
The government team estimates that by April it will be finally approved and ready to go into effect for a period of one year.
The streets declared ‘acoustically saturated’, are mostly located in the historic centre and the area of ??El Romeral in Teatinos. The areas are shaded in blue in the following map of the Center:
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38