AN alleged jihadist accused of planning a van attack allegedly told wannabe terrorists to ‘kill six or seven Spaniards if they cannot make it to Syria’.
It comes after the yet-to-be-named Moroccan, 45, was arrested in Terrassa, Catalunya.
According to the Ministry of Interior, the suspect was keen to execute an attack similar to the mass killing in La Rambla, Barcelona, that left 16 people dead and at least 130 injured last year.
Police say they have now brought about the ‘early neutralisation’ of a potential threat by arresting the 45-year-old man who was allegedly radicalised by ISIS videos.
It is believed he encouraged jihadis who can’t make it to Syria to kill ‘six or seven Spaniards’ instead.
He described himself as ‘another mujahideen’ and said he regretted not going to Syria to fight on behalf of the sick terror cell ISIS.
Cops said the suspect dressed in a western-style and gave no obvious signals that he had been radicalised.
Investigators say he repeatedly watched videos of jihadis fighting in Syria.
He referred to them martyrs who ‘have won heaven’.
Police accuse the man of watching disturbing videos of children carrying out executions whilst chanting Allah’s name.
He is accused of sharing the videos with people around him, inviting them to become ‘true Muslims’ and to travel with him to Syria.
The investigation continues.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26