In Spain, it isn’t Blue Planet or the Great British Bake Off that tops the list, but Rick Stein’s Mediterranean Escapes.
It turns out the Spaniards love his takes on their traditional food and look to him for inspiration on their cooking.
The series, the most watched BBC show in Spain, saw the British restaurateur tour the Mediterranean sampling and cooking local specialities.
His dishes included salt cod fritters inspired by his trip to Barcelona’s La Boqueria market, and Mallorcan-style chicken with sobrasada sausage.
His recipes appear to meet with Spaniards’ approval – the same of which cannot be said for Jamie Oliver, who caused outrage in 2016 when he shared a recipe for paella that combined chicken thighs and chorizo.
Critics called it ‘an abomination’ and ‘an insult not only to our gastronomy to our culture’.
Planet Earth II was most popular with the French, Germans and Danes, while Sherlock tops the ratings in Russia and the US.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20