In Spain, it isn’t Blue Planet or the Great British Bake Off that tops the list, but Rick Stein’s Mediterranean Escapes.
It turns out the Spaniards love his takes on their traditional food and look to him for inspiration on their cooking.
The series, the most watched BBC show in Spain, saw the British restaurateur tour the Mediterranean sampling and cooking local specialities.
His dishes included salt cod fritters inspired by his trip to Barcelona’s La Boqueria market, and Mallorcan-style chicken with sobrasada sausage.
His recipes appear to meet with Spaniards’ approval – the same of which cannot be said for Jamie Oliver, who caused outrage in 2016 when he shared a recipe for paella that combined chicken thighs and chorizo.
Critics called it ‘an abomination’ and ‘an insult not only to our gastronomy to our culture’.
Planet Earth II was most popular with the French, Germans and Danes, while Sherlock tops the ratings in Russia and the US.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23