In Spain, it isn’t Blue Planet or the Great British Bake Off that tops the list, but Rick Stein’s Mediterranean Escapes.
It turns out the Spaniards love his takes on their traditional food and look to him for inspiration on their cooking.
The series, the most watched BBC show in Spain, saw the British restaurateur tour the Mediterranean sampling and cooking local specialities.
His dishes included salt cod fritters inspired by his trip to Barcelona’s La Boqueria market, and Mallorcan-style chicken with sobrasada sausage.
His recipes appear to meet with Spaniards’ approval – the same of which cannot be said for Jamie Oliver, who caused outrage in 2016 when he shared a recipe for paella that combined chicken thighs and chorizo.
Critics called it ‘an abomination’ and ‘an insult not only to our gastronomy to our culture’.
Planet Earth II was most popular with the French, Germans and Danes, while Sherlock tops the ratings in Russia and the US.
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45